Ajwain Parathas are parathas made with wholewheat flour and carom seeds. These flavourful parathas can be had with pickle/ curds/ masoor usal/ dal makhni/paneer makhanwala or any chicken gravy. The list is unending. Here goes the recipe:
2 cups wheat flour
2 tbsp ajwain (carom seeds)
1 tsp turmeric pwder
2 tsp chilly powder
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Ghee for cooking the parathas
- In a mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, ajwain, turmeric powder, chilly powder, chopped coriander, oil and salt.
- Add water as required and knead to a smooth dough.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Take a medium sized ball and roll into a circle with the rolling pin.
- Heat a pan and cook the paratha using ghee till golden brown spots appear on both the sides of the paratha.
- Similarly, make rest of the parathas.
- Serve Ajwain Parathas with pickle, curds or any gravy of your choice.
Other Paratha recipes: