Jeera Rice is a a simple flavourful rice preparation, which can be served with dal, any vegetable curry, chicken or mutton curry or just plain curds and pickle. This is a microwave recipe and so it gets cooked in a jiffy. Jeera rice pairs well with Punjabi Chole, Dal Makhni, Methi Murg etc. Here goes the recipe:
1 cup Basmati rice
2 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
1 tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
2 cups Water
Salt as per taste
- Wash rice and soak in water for around 15 minutes.
- Take a microwave safe bowl.
- Put ghee in it and add jeera.
- Cook uncovered, on high for 30 seconds.
- Add rice, salt and 2 cups of water and mix it well.
- Microwave uncovered, on high for 15 minutes.
- Cook covered for another 5 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes. Serve hot.