Sheera or suji ka halwa is a simple, delicious dessert made from rava, milk and sugar. As dessert or breakfast dish or as prasad in pujas, rava sheera or suji ka halwa is popular all across India. In summers, when mangoes are in season, we can give a beautiful twist to the humble sheera by adding mangoes to it, thus elevating the ordinary sheera to mango flavoured sheera. So, here goes the recipe for Mango Sheera.
3/4 cup semolina (rava)
3 tbsp clarified butter(ghee)
3/4 cup warm milk (doodh)
3 tbsp sugar (cheeni)
¾ cup mango puree (aamras)
2 tbsp chopped almonds, pistachios (badam, pista)
a pinch of saffron (kesar)
a pinch of cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- Soak saffron strands in 2 tbsp water for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add rava and saute on slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes till the rava is well cooked and turned aromatic.
- Add milk, sugar and cook for 3 to 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- After the milk is completely absorbed, add mango puree and give a good mix.
- Add saffron mixture, cardamom powder and mix.
- Cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Mango Sheera is ready to be served.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: