Methi Paneer Theplas are methi theplas with the goodness of paneer
Methi thepla is an all time favourite in my house. When I am too lazy to cook, I make methi theplas and serve it with curds and pickles. My kids just love methi theplas and so they have it without creating any fuss. Today, I had some paneer in the refrigerator. So, I thought of adding paneer to my methi theplas.
Its an easy dish packed with all the components of a balanced diet…… carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and fats. Heres the recipe.
2 cups Methi leaves/fenugreek leaves
2 cups Whole wheat flour
¾ cup Grated paneer
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp Red chili powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin Coriander powder
Salt as required
Oil 1 tsp
Yoghurt 4 to 5 tbsp (optional)
Oil or ghee for cooking parathas, as required
- Wash the methi leaves thoroughly, drain the water and chop finely.
- In a mixing bowl, take whole wheat flour, chopped methi leaves, grated paneer, ginger garlic paste, yoghurt, salt and all the spices mentioned above.
- Mix it well and adding enough water, knead into a smooth dough.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Take a medium sized ball and roll into a paratha with the rolling pin.
- On a hot pan/ tawa, place the paratha.
- Spread some ghee/oil on the sides of the paratha.
- Flip it a couple of times till it gets cooked evenly.
- Serve methi paneer paratha with plain yogurt or pickle.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
If you love parathas, do check the recipes of following parathas: