Moong Dal Pakodas are popular pakodas sold by the roadside food vendors in Mumbai. It’s a perfect snack with hot cup of evening tea, specially in the rainy season. It is generally served with green coriander chutney, but is equally tasty when served with tomato ketchup.
2 cups Moong dal (split green gram)
1 Onion (chopped)
1 tbsp jeera (cumin seeds)
1 tbsp red chilly powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 to 3 tbsp Coriander leaves (chopped)
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
- Clean, wash and soak moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water and blend the moong dal to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, chopped coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix it well. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Drop spoonful of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO