Dalgona Coffee – coffee that has taken the internet by storm.
The recipe of Dalgona Coffee has been floating around for a while now. Intrigued by the name, I looked up the recipe and realized that it is nothing but whipped coffee / cold coffee with a fancy name. The process of making this coffee is very simple. You take coffee powder, sugar and hot water, beat the mixture using a blender till it turns light and airy. Once the whipped coffee forms stiff peaks, add it to cold milk. That’s it….the soft, silky, creamy Dalgona coffee is ready.
1 cup milk (doodh)
3 to 4 ice cubes (barf)
3 tsp instant coffee
4 tsp sugar (cheeni)
3 tsp hot water (garam paani)
a pinch of instant coffee powder to sprinkle on the coffee.
- Into a mixing bowl, add instant coffee powder, sugar and hot water.
- Whip the mixture using a hand blender till it turns fluffy and stiff peaks are formed.
- Keep this aside.
- Now, in a glass, add ice cubes and milk.
- Top it with whipped coffee.
- Form swirls on the coffee, sprinkle a pinch of coffee powder and serve immediately.
- Most of the recipes on the internet calls for equal quantity of coffee powder and sugar. However, I have added more of sugar as per my taste. If you love strong coffee, then use equal quantity of coffee and sugar.
- In the absence of a hand blender, you can use a whisk to whip the coffee, though the mixture may take longer to become fluffy and airy.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO :