This is an extremely simple cabbage recipe. You can serve it with chapatis or as a side dish with your main meals. This is a must have sabzi at my home whenever I prepare Mangalorean fish curry and rice. Here goes the recipe.
1 medium sized cabbage (approx. 3 cups chopped cabbage)
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp split black gram (udad dal)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
2 green chillies (chopped into large pieces)
few curry leaves
2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add udad dal and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds start crackling, add chopped garlic, curry leaves, chopped chillies, chopped onion and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped cabbage and saute.
- Add turmeric powder and salt as per taste.
- Mix well.
- Allow the cabbage to cook on slow flame for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add grated fresh coconut and mix.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I do not cover the pan while cooking cabbage as the cabbage tend to get mushy if the pan is covered. Also I do not add any water while cooking this sabzi.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO