Gobi paratha is a paratha stuffed with spiced cauliflower. Grated cauliflower is cooked with onion and spices to prepare the stuffing for gobi paratha. It makes for a healthy breakafast/ light lunch and is generally served with curds and pickle. Here’s the recipe for Gobi Paratha.
2 cups wholewheat flour
1 tbsp oil
For the stuffing
1 medium sized cauliflower (gobi)
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp cumin coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Salt as per taste
Ghee/clarified butter for cooking the parathas
- To prepare the stuffing, wash the cauliflower and grate it.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds. When the seeds start crackling, add chopped onions.
- Saute it till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the grated cauliflower and saute.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
- Cook covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander and mix.
- Keep this stuffing aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of wholewheat flour. Add water and knead into a smooth dough.
- While kneading add a tbsp oil and knead well.
- Divide the dough into medium round shaped balls.
- Roll out one dough ball into a medium sized circle
- Place around 2 tbsp of the stuffing in the centre of the roti and bring the edges together to the centre to seal it.
- Roll out again using little flour.
- Likewise, repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha using ghee till golden brown spots appear on both the sides of the paratha.
- Serve hot with pickle and curds.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO