Lachha paratha is a multi layered paratha with flaky texture. It is a perfect accompaniment to thick gravies like paneer makhanwala and butter chicken. I have not used ghee or oil while cooking the parathas. But one can use ghee/oil while cooking the parathas.
2 cups whole wheat flour
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil for kneading
Oil to apply on the paratha
- In a mixing bowl, take 2 cups of wheat flour, salt and oil. Mix it well.
- Using enough water, knead to a stiff dough. Keep aside the dough for 30 minutes.
- Take a medium sized ball of dough and roll into a roti.
- Apply oil on the roti and sprinkle some wheat flour over it.
- From the edges, start folding and pleating the paratha till the end.
- Roll the pleated roti like a swiss roll.
- Take the rolled ball and dust some wheat flour.
- Roll into a circle with the rolling pin.
- Heat a tava and cook the paratha using ghee (I have not used ghee/oil for cooking the parathas) till golden brown spots appear on both the sides of the paratha.
- Serve lachcha paratha with any gravy of your choice.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: