Methi Murg is a tangy chicken gravy flavoured with kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves). Chicken with methi is an excellent combination for sure. Kasuri methi gives an amazing aroma and flavour to the curry.
1 kg Chicken
1 cup Curds (thick) (dahi)
2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste (adrak lehsun paste) 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
4 Onions (chopped) (pyaaz)
3 Tomatoes (chopped) (tamatar)
3 Green chillies (chopped) (hari mirch)
1 tsp Cumin-coriander pdr (dhaniya jeera powder) 1 tsp Turmeric pdr (haldi)
1 tsp Chilli powder (laal mirch powder) 1 tsp Garam masala
3 tbsp Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
2 tbsp Oil (tel)
Salt as per taste (namak)
- Clean and cut the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken with whisked curds, ginger-garlic paste and salt for atleast an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add bay leaves, chopped onions and saute till they turn soft and golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Add green chillies, cumin- coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- Now, add the marinated chicken and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the kasuri methi and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve methi murg with wholewheat lachcha parathas.