Moong Hare Lasun Sabzi – sprouted green gram cooked with green garlic.
Sprouted moong, the powerhouse of nutrition when combined with green garlic makes a terrific combination. This sabzi with hot chapatis/ rotis is a wholesome comfort food. You can pair it with simple Varan Bhaat/dal rice also.
1 cup Sprouted Moong (whole green gram)
½ cup Chopped fresh green garlic
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tsp Ginger-garlic-chilly paste
1 tsp Turmeric powder
½ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
1 cup Chopped tomatoes
a tbsp of Chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- In a deep vessel, boil sprouted moong with turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water till just cooked.
- Retain some water in the moong and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they start crackling add the ginger-garlic-chilly paste and asafoetida and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped green garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till they are cooked well.
- Add the cooked moong and mix well and cook it for few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Moong Hare Lasun sabzi with chapatis/rotis.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO