Papaya sambharo or raw papaya chutney is a must have accompaniment with Gujarati Snacks. Typically Papaya sambharo is served with Fafda, Khaman Dhokla, Ganthiya and other Gujarati snacks. Here is the recipe for raw papaya chutney which is very easy and quick to make.
1 cup Raw papaya grated
1 tsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds (rai)
1/4 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp Sugar
½ tsp Lime juice
Salt as per taste
- Peel the papaya and grate it.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and hing.
- Now add the green chillies and grated papaya.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, sugar and mix all the ingredients well.
- Cover the lid of pan and let it cook on low flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook until the papaya becomes tender.
- The papaya chutney is ready to serve.