Sweet Shankarpalis or shakkarpara is a traditional snack made during Diwali. This makes for a good tea-time snack. Here goes the recipe :
1 ½ cups Refined flour (Maida )
½ cup semolina (rava)
3 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
½ cup Powdered sugar (pisi hui cheeni)
a pinch of salt (namak)
Water to knead the dough (paani)
Oil for frying (tel)
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, rava and hot ghee. Mix everything with a spoon.
- After the ghee is mixed well with maida and rava, give it a good mix using your fingers.
- Add powdered sugar and salt.
- Add water little at a time and knead into a firm, smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into medium round shaped balls.
- Roll out each dough ball into large rotis.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the diamond shaped pieces till they are golden brown in colour.
- Sweet Shankarpalis are ready to be served.
- Cool and store in air-tight container and serve as required.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: