Oats Choco Chip Cookies – delicious, healthy cookies made with oats, besan, ghee, jaggery and choco chips.
In the era of health-conscious living, everyone is looking out for nutritious yet delicious snacks. With a growing focus on mindful eating and overall wellness,it is always advisable to consume homemade snacks as against snacks filled with preservatives. . Oats Choco Chip cookies are made with wholesome ingredients such as oats, gram flour, ghee and jaggery. It is very easy to make and can be made under 30 minutes. Hence it makes for an ideal snack to prepare at home and also to satisy sweet cravings.
About Oats Choco Chip Cookies
Oats Choco Chip cookies are easy-to-make, delicious and healthy cookies. They are made using wholesome ingredients such as oats, gram flour, ghee, jaggery and dark chocolate chips. Oats are known for its high-fibre content, gram flour for its protein content, jaggery for iron and magnesium. With their wholesome ingredients, they are a healthier alternative to cookies made with refined flour.
These cookies are super-delicious and make for a healthy snack. It makes for a good accompaniment with tea, coffee or milk. It also makes for a good tiffin box option for kids.
Collection of Oats recipes here
List of ingredients to make Oats Choco Chip Cookies
Gram flour (Besan)
Dark Chocolate chips
Other ingredients : baking powder, baking soda and salt
Step-wise recipe with pictures
In a mixing bowl, add jaggery and ghee. Mix well.
Add gram flour
Add baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
Add dark chocolate chips and mix well.
Shape into cookies.
Place few choco chips on the cookie and press. This step is optional.
Place the cookies in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Preheat the oven and place the baking tray. Bake at 160 degree celsius
Allow the cookies to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container.
Notes: You can even add raisins, cashew nuts, almonds or cranberries to the cookie dough.
Oats Choco Chip Cookies
- 2 cups quaker oats
- 1 ½ cups gram flour (besan)
- ½ cup jaggery
- ½ cup ghee
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 4 to 5 tbsp milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add jaggery and ghee. Mix well.
- Add gram flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Add dark chocolate chips and mix.
- Shape into medium sized balls and flatten them.
- Press few choco chips on the cookies (optional)
- Place the cookies on the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 160 degrees celsius for 15 minutes. These are slightly chewy cookies. In case you want crispier cookies, bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the cookies on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- Store the cookies in air-tight container.
More Oats recipes
Thank you for stopping by. If you like/ tried this recipe, leaving a comment below the post will enable more readers and cooking enthusiasts to discover these recipes. Also, if you are on Instagram, do share a picture of the dish and tag @vanitascorner to be featured in my stories.
Subscribe to my youtube channel for easy video recipes.