Oats Poha Chivda – Chivda made using rolled oats, red rice poha, nuts and seeds
This chivda made with oats and red rice poha makes for a healthy snack and is perfect when you want to munch on something light and healthy. This is made by dry roasting rolled oats, red rice poha, dry fruits, few healthy nuts and later added to a tempering of green chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Here’s the recipe for Oats Poha Chivda:
1 cup rolled oats
1 ½ cups red rice poha
¼ cup peanuts (mungphali)
¼ cup almonds (badaam)
¼ cup Cashew nuts (kaju)
¼ cup raisins (kishmish)
¼ cup pumpkin seeds (kaddu ke beej)
¼ cup sunflower seeds (soorajmukhi ke beej)
2 tbsp flax seeds (alshi)
2 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
2 tbsp oil (tel)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai/sarso)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
2 green chillies, chopped (hari mirch)
few curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp red chilli powder (laal mirch)
2 tsp Powdered sugar (pisi hui cheeni)
1 tsp Dry mango powder (Amchoor)
Salt as per taste (namak)
- Heat a pan.
- Add rolled oats and dry roast on low flame for 5 to 7 minutes..
- Remove the roasted oats from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add red rice poha to the pan. Dry roast on low flame for approximately 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns crispy. Keep aside.
- Next, dry roast peanuts, almonds, cashew nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and sesame seeds one by one.
- Keep the roasted nuts and seeds aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, chopped green chillies, curry leaves and saute for few seconds. Add turmeric powder and saute.
- Add raisins and saute for few seconds.
- Now, add the roasted nuts, seeds and mix well.
- Add red chilly powder, salt, powdered sugar and dry mango powder. Mix well.
- Now, add roasted oats, poha and mix well.
- Healthy Oats and Poha chivda is ready to be served.
- Store in an airtight container and serve as required.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: