This is an easy and quick recipe for a tasty, crunchy snack. It is made by roasting poha, frying peanuts, dry fruits etc and assembling them with a tempering of green chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Poha Chivda is also a part of Diwali faraal (snacks) amongst besan laddoos, chaklis, shankarpalis etc. Here’s the recipe:
4 cups Thin Poha (Flattened rice)
½ cup Peanuts
1/3 cup Roasted chana dal
¼ cup Cashews
a few slices of Dry coconut slices
¼ cup Curry leaves
2 to 3 Green chillies
1 tsp Turmeric powder
½ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
2 tsp Powdered sugar
1 tsp Dry mango powder (Amchoor)
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying the nuts and tempering
- Heat a wide pan.
- Add 4 cups of thin poha and dry roast on low flame.
- Saute the poha gently to avoid the poha from breaking.
- Remove the roasted poha from the pan and keep it aside.
- Deep fry the peanuts, roasted chana dal, cashews, raisins, dry coconut slices one by one and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wide pan .
- Add mustard seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and saute.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, amchoor and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Now, add all the fried ingredients and mix well.
- Then, add the roasted poha and give a gentle mix.
- Poha chivda is ready.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: