Idli, a staple food of South India is now popular all over India. It is considered to be one of the most delicious and healthy regional snacks and is the most preferred breakfast dish. I have already shared quite a few idli recipes in this blog. (Recipe link for other types of idlis are given at the end of this post) Today I am sharing the recipe of instant oats carrot idlis. These are easy to prepare and makes for a healthy, delicious breakfast. Here’s the recipe.
½ cup roasted and powdered oats
½ cup semolina (rava)
1 cup curds (dahi)
½ cup grated carrots (gajar)
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (dhaniya)
Salt as per taste (namak)
1 tsp eno
- In a mixing bowl, add roasted and powdered oats, rava and curds.
- Mix well and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add grated carrots, chopped coriander, salt and little water to the oats rava mixture and mix well.
- Grease the idli plates with oil.
- Add eno to the idli batter and mix.
- Pour the idli batter into the moulds.
- Add 3 to 4 cups of water in a steamer.
- When the water starts boiling, place the idli plates in the steamer.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes or until the idlis are cooked.
- Remove the idli plates from the steamer.
- Unmould the idlis and serve with coconut chutney or tomato chutney or sambar.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO :