My obsession with oats continues. After the Oats paratha and Oats dhokla, today I am back with the recipe of Oats Idli. This is one of the easiest and instant methods to make idlis in a jiffy. There is no fermentation and grinding required as in the traditional method of making idlis. I usually roast and grind the oats into powder and store them so that whenever required, oats idli or oats dhokla can be made in no time. And not to forget, these idlis turn out very tasty. Here’s the recipe.
1 cup oats (roasted and powdered)
1 cup semolina (rava)
2 cups curds
1 tsp Eno
Salt as per taste
1 tsp oil to grease the idli plates
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, rava, curds and mix well.
- Keep this aside for 15 minutes.
- Add eno, salt and half a cup of water to the oats rava mixture and mix.
- Grease the idli plates with oil. Pour the idli batter in idlis moulds.
- Steam for 15 minutes or until the idlis are cooked.
- Serve with coconut chutney / tomato chutney/ tomato coconut chutney.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO