If you are looking for something healthy, yet tasty recipe for your kids lunch box, this recipe is for you. This paratha is made with fiber rich oats, vitamin rich spinach and wholewheat flour. A simple, tasty and healthy paratha which makes for a good breakfast/ good tiffin box recipe and also a light lunch option when served with curds and pickle.
½ cup oats (roasted and powdered)
½ cup wholewheat flour
¾ cup chopped spinach (palak)
1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
2 tbsp curds
1 tsp chilly, ginger and garlic paste
1 tsp oil
Salt as per taste
Ghee/Oil for cooking the paratha
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats (roasted and powdered), wholewheat flour, chopped spinach, carom seeds, curds, chilly,ginger and garlic paste, salt and mix well.
- Knead into a smooth dough. Add the oil and knead well.
- Keep the dough aside for 20 minutes.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Take a medium sized ball and roll into a circle with the rolling pin.
- Heat a tava and cook the paratha using ghee till golden brown spots appear on both the sides of the paratha.
- Serve hot with pickle and curds.