Vegetable Masala Oats is a quick and healthy breakfast dish. Healthy oats combined with vegetables makes for a great beginning to a busy day. Try this simple recipe and serve it with curds.
1 cup Oats
1 tbsp Chopped onion
1/2 cup Chopped vegetables (carrot, capsicum,french beans)
1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
¼ tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Chilly powder
few drops of Oil
Salt as per taste
- Heat a pan.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of oil.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds start crackling, add onion.
- Saute it for a few seconds and add all the chopped vegetables.
- Mix it well.
- Add the oats and mixwell.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt.
- Add a cup of water. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- If it gets very thick, you can add more water till you obtain desired consistency.
- Serve Vegetable Masala Oats with curds.