Oats Dhokla is a delicious dish prepared with oats, gram flour and curds which can be made instantly. Oats is known to have multiple health benefits. Hence, it is advisable to include oats in our diet. Oats Dhokla makes for a healthy breakfast dish. Here’s the recipe for the healthier version of the popular snack, Dhokla.
1 cup oats (roasted and powdered)
1 cup gram flour (besan)
1 ½ cups curds
1 tsp ginger paste
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp eno
a tsp of oil
Salt as per taste
a tsp of mustard seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp oil
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 tbsp grated fresh coconut
1 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- In a mixing bowl add oats, gram flour, curds and mix well. Keep this aside for 1 hour.
- After an hour, add ginger paste, eno, oil, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- If the mixture is too thick add little water and mix.
- Grease a thali with few drops of oil.
- Transfer the oats besan mixture to the greased thali/plate and place it in a steamer in which some water is already boiling.
- Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- To check if it is cooked properly, poke a knife . If it comes out clean, your dhoklas are ready.
- Remove the thali/plate from the steamer and cut the dhoklas into pieces.
- For tempering, heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds and hing.
- Once the seeds start spluttering, pour the tempering on the dhoklas.
- Garnish with grated coconut and chopped coriander.
- Serve oats dhokla with green chutney.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO