Instant Oats Idlis – a healthy way to begin your day.
My obsession with oats continues. After the Oats paratha and Oats dhokla, today I am back with the recipe of Instant Oats Idlis. This is one of the easiest and instant methods to make idlis in a jiffy. There is no fermentation and grinding required as in the traditional method of making idlis. I usually roast and grind the oats into powder and store them so that whenever required, oats idli or oats dhokla can be made in no time. And not to forget, these idlis turn out very tasty.
List of ingredients to make oats idlis
Roasted and powdered Oats
Fruit salt (eno)
Oil to grease the plates
Step-wise recipe to make oats idlis
In a mixing bowl, combine roasted, powdered oats, rava, curds and mix well. Keep aside for 15 minutes. Add eno and salt to the oats rava mixture. Add water as required to adjust the consistency.
Grese the idli plates. Pour the idli batter into moulds. Steam for 15 minutes or untilthe idlis are cooked.
Serve with coconut chutney.
Instant Oats Idlis
- 1 cup oats (roasted and powdered)
- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- 2 cups curds
- 1 tsp Eno
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp oil to grease the idli plates
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, rava, curds and mix well.
- Keep this aside for 15 minutes.
- Add eno, salt and half a cup of water to the oats rava mixture and mix.
- Grease the idli plates with oil.
- Pour the idli batter in idlis moulds.
- Steam for 15 minutes or until the idlis are cooked.
- Serve these instant oats idlis with coconut chutney / tomato chutney/ tomato coconut chutney.
Thank you for stopping by. If you like/ tried this recipe, leaving a comment below the post will enable more readers and cooking enthusiasts to discover these recipes. Also, if you are on Instagram, do share a picture of the dish and tag @vanitascorner to be featured in my stories.