Thalipeeth is a traditional Maharashtrian breakfast dish. It is made by combining multigrain flours and various spices. Thus, it is nutritious and tasty. Thalipeeth is served with Mirchi Thecha, curds, and mango pickle.
3 tbsp Jowar flour (sorghum )
3 tbsp Bajra flour (millet)
3 tbsp Rice flour
3 tbsp Besan (gram flour)
3 tbsp Wheat flour
½ cup Chopped onions
3 tbsp Chopped coriander
1 tsp chopped green chillies
1 tsp Red chilly powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin coriander powder
Salt as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine jowar flour, bajra flour, rice flour, gram flour and wheat flour.
- To this, add chopped onions, chopped coriander, chopped green chillies, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin-coriander powder and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Add warm water and knead it to a smooth dough.
- Take a portion of dough and with the help of your palm and fingers, make a small roti.
- Heat a pan. Place the thalipeeth on the pan.
- Drizzle some oil on the edges of the thalipeeth.
- Cook both the sides evenly.
- Serve with curds, Thecha and pickle.
Note: Nowadays you get readymade thalipeeth bhajani (atta) in most of the supermarkets. One can use the thalipeeth bhajani to make thalipeeth.