Beetroot is said to have numerous health benefits. Having beetroot on a regular basis will literally keep you in the pink of health. You can include beetroot in your diet in more ways than one. Beetroot dip is an excellent dip which can be served with juliennes of cucumber, carrot and even potato wedges. Here’s the recipe:
1 cup grated beetroot (beet)
2 cups curds (dahi) (How to make curds)
2 cloves of garlic (lehsun)
2 tbsp fresh mint leaves (pudina)
1 tsp black pepper powder (kali mirch)
Salt as per taste (namak)
- Place a muslin cloth over a bowl. Add the curds.
- Tie the cloth and place over a strainer kept on a bowl, to allow the water to drain out of the curds.
- Grate the beetroot, garlic and keep it aside.
- Chop mint leaves and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add thick curds.
- Whisk it well.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, chopped mint leaves, grated garlic and mix well.
- Now, add the grated beetroot and mix.
- Whisk it briskly.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled beetroot dip with cucumber and carrot wedges.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO