Besan methi with paneer is a delicious and nutritious sabzi made with besan, methi leaves and paneer.
Besan methi sabzi is commonly made sabzi in Gujarat and Rajasthan. Recently, a friend introduced me to a recipe where paneer is added to besan methi sabzi and I must admit that addition of paneer to this sabzi elevates its taste to the next level. This sabzi is very easy to make and comes together in no time. Besan methi with paneer has become a family favourite now. This sabzi pairs excellently with rotis/ chapatis. Let’s have a look at the recipe:
4 cups of chopped fenugreek leaves (methi leaves)
1/3 cup gram flour (besan)
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 green chillies, finely chopped
½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp fresh cream (malai)
¼ cup grated homemade paneer (How to make paneer at home)
salt as per taste
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
- Heat a pan.
- Add oil. Add cumin seeds, chopped green chillies, hing and ginger garlic paste. Saute on low flame for few seconds.
- Add besan and saute on low flame till it has absorbed the oil and starts giving out a nice aroma.
- Add chopped methi leaves. Mix well. Cover and cook on a low flame for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Now, add chopped coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Give a good mix.
- Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Next, add grated paneer.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Besan methi with paneer tastes great with hot chapatis.