Carrot & French Beans Sabzi cooked in a clay pot, without oil, onion and garlic.
Carrot and French beans make for a wonderful combination when it comes to making simple sabzi. Here I have prepared the sabzi in an earthen pot. The sabzi is cooked without oil, onion, garlic and with minimal spices. This method of preparation brings out real taste of the vegetables, which otherwise gets overshadowed by the spices.
This sabzi goes well with rotis or even as a side dish with rice and curry. I have paired this sabzi with beetroot rotis which also is an excellent combination. So, here goes the recipe for Carrot & French beans sabzi
100 grams Carrots (Gajar)
100 grams French beans (Faras beans)
1 to 2 green chillies, chopped (hari mirch)
few curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai/ sarso)
½ cup of fresh coconut, grated (nariyal)
rock salt as per taste (sendha namak)
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnishing (hara dhaniya)
- Wash and string the French beans. Cut into small pieces.
- Wash and cut the carrot into small pieces.
- Heat a clay pot.
- Add mustard seeds.
- Dry roast the mustard seeds for few seconds.
- Add curry leaves and chopped vegetables.
- Add ½ cup water.
- Cook covered on low flame for 15 minutes or till the vegetables are 80% cooked.
- Add grated coconut and salt. Mix well. Turn off the gas stove.
- Keep the clay pot covered for 10 minutes. The vegetables will get cooked in its steam.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
Looking for simple sabzi recipes for everyday cooking: click here