Corn capsicum rice- an interesting rice preparation with corn and capsicum.
Corn capsicum rice tastes great with curds or dal tadka. Try this rice if you want to make something different from your usual rice preparation. The crunchiness of the corn and capsicum adds an unique flavour to the rice. Here’s the recipe for Corn Capsicum rice.
1 cup Sweet corn
2 cups Rice
2 medium Onions
1 cup Sliced Capsicum
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start crackling, add the onions.
- Saute the onions till they turn translucent.
- Add the sliced capsicum, corn, ginger garlic paste and saute it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix it well.
- Add salt and add 4 ½ cups water.
- Cook on a medium flame till the rice is cooked well and all the water is absorbed by the rice.
- Garnish with sliced capsicum.
- Serve hot with curds or dal tadka.