Bhindi is a versatile vegetable and can be cooked in number of ways. Morever Bhindi is one vegetable which everyone eats happily in my house. So, I try to cook bhindi in different manner each time. Some of the Bhindi recipes to look for in this blog are Achari Dahi Bhindi, Kurkuri Bhindi and Bhindi Masala. Dahi Bhindi is a curd based gravy. It tastes amazing with rotis. Here goes the recipe for Dahi Bhindi.
250 grams Bhindi (Ladyfinger/ Okra)
2 medium Onions
4 to 5 garlic cloves
½ inch ginger
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 cup curds
2 tsp red chilly powder
¾ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp chopped coriander
Salt as per taste
3 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, whisk the curds well and keep it aside.
- Wash the bhindis and wipe them dry.
- Cut the bhindis into around 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the bhindis and saute.
- When the bhindi is cooked, remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat ½ tbsp oil.
- Add the onions and saute.
- When the onion starts changing colour, add chopped garlic and ginger and saute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook.
- Once it is cooked, allow it to cool and then blend into a fine paste.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and saute.
- Now, add the ground paste and saute.
- To this, add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala and saute.
- To this, add a cup of curds. Mix it well and cook.
- Now, add the cooked bhindis and salt.
- Add little water if the gravy is too thick.
- Cook it covered for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with rotis.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO