Chutney is an integral part of Indian cuisine. There are number of chutneys that can be served with Idli and dosas. Green chutney is one of them. Coconut and coriander are the main ingredients of this chutney. Quick to make, delicious to taste, this chutney pairs perfectly with idlis and dosas. Here is the recipe for this easy green chutney.
1 cup fresh coconut (scraped)
½ cup fresh coriander
2 green chillies
2 cloves garlic
1 ½ inches tamarind
Salt as per taste
1 tsp oil
a tsp of udad dal (split black gram)
1 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
5 to 6 curry leaves
- Blend the scraped coconut, fresh coriander, green chillies, garlic, tamarind and salt with little water to a fine paste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a small pan.
- Add udad dal.
- When it starts spluttering, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the mustard seeds start crackling, pour the seasoning into the chutney.
- Serve green chutney with idli/ dosa.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Further, I would like to draw your attention to other chutney recipes: