There are number of chutneys that can be served with Idli and dosas. Green chutney is one of them. Coconut and coriander are the main ingredients of this green chutney.
1 cup fresh coconut (scraped)
½ cup fresh coriander
2 green chillies
|2 cloves garlic
1 ½ inches tamarind
Salt as per taste
1 tsp oil
1 tsp udad dal (split black gram)
1 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
5 to 6 curry leaves
- Blend the scraped coconut, fresh coriander, green chillies, garlic, tamarind and salt with little water to a fine paste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a small pan.
- Add udad dal.
- When it starts spluttering, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the mustard seeds start crackling, pour the seasoning into the green chutney.
- Green chutney is ready to be served.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Further, I would like to draw your attention to other chutney recipes: