Hyderabadi Dum ka Kheema is a delicious dish from Hyderabadi cuisine. Mutton mince is marinated with spices, curds among other ingredients and is cooked on a slow flame to perfection. This dish pairs well with roti, chapati, naan or paratha.
500 grams mutton mince (mutton kheema)
3 medium sized onions (pyaaz), cut into slices
Oil for frying onions
10 to 15 Cashew nuts (kaju)
2 tbsp roasted split gram (roasted chana dal/daria dal)
2 tsp poppy seeds (khuskhus)
1 or 2 cardamom (elaichi)
5 cloves (lavang)
1 tsp black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
2 tsp red chilly powder (laal mirch powder)
2 green chillies, finely chopped (hari mirch)
1 tsp garam masala
1 cup whisked curds (dahi)
Lime juice (nimbu ras – 1 lemon)
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (dhaniya)
Salt as per taste
- Fry the onions and keep them aside.
- Blend cashew nuts, poppy seeds, roasted chana dal, cloves and cardamom to a fine powder and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add mutton mince.
- Add the ground powder (cashew chana dal powder), black pepper powder, red chilly powder, chopped green chillies, garam masala, curds, lime juice, fried onions, salt and mix well.
- Keep the marinated kheema in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After an hour, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the marinated kheema.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame till the kheema is cooked well.
- Stir occasionally. Add little water if required.
- When the kheema is cooked perfectly, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Hyderabadi Dum ka Kheema with rotis / chapatis/ naan/ paratha.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Also, do have a look at the Chicken Kheema recipe.