Chicken Kheema is a delicious recipe made with minced chicken and green peas. Kheema Paav is a popular street food in Mumbai. Its simple to make and tastes great with paav and even rotis.
450 grams Minced chicken (chicken kheema)
1 cup boiled green peas (matar)
2 Onions (chopped) (pyaaz)
2 Tomatoes (chopped) (tamatar)
2 Green chillies (chopped) (hari mirch)
2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
1 star anise (chakraphool)
a small Cinnamon stick (dalchini)
3 Cloves (lavang)
1 tbsp Red Chilly powder (laal mirch powder)
1 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste (adrak lehsun paste)
1 tbsp Cumin-coriander powder (dhaniya jeera powder)
1 tsp Garam masala
2 tbsp Chopped coriander (dhaniya)
3 tbsp Oil (tel)
Salt as per taste (namak)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add bay leaves, star anise, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Saute and add onions.
- Let the onions cook on a slow flame till it becomes golden in colour.
- Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and cook.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till it turns soft.
- Now, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin-coriander powder and garam masala .
- Mix well and cook.
- Add the minced chicken and mix well.
- Cook covered on a slow flame for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add boiled green peas and mix.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Once done, garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with paav or roti.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Also, do have a look at the recipe of Hyderabadi Mutton Kheema