Kachche Tamatar ki Sabzi is a sweet, spicy and tangy sabzi made with raw tomatoes. This sabzi served with hot phulkas and hari bhari dal makes for a heavenly combination. Here goes the recipe.
8 to 9 raw tomatoes (kachche tamatar)
1 large onion, finely chopped (pyaaz)
1 tbsp oil (tel)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
Few curry leaves (kadi patta)
5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (lehsun)
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tsp red chilly powder (laal mirch)
1 tsp cumin coriander powder (dhaniya jeera powder)
A small piece of jaggery (gud)
Salt as per taste (namak)
2 tbsp fresh coriander for garnishing (dhaniya)
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into medium sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and chopped garlic.
- When the seeds start crackling, add the chopped onions.
- Saute the onions till they turn golden brown.
- Now, add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and mix.
- Cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- When the tomatoes are almost cooked, add red chilly powder, cumin coriander powder and jaggery.
- Cook covered for few more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve Kachche tamatar ki sabzi with rotis/ phulkas.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO