Kadai Paneer is a North Indian dish made with paneer and capsicum cooked in onion tomato gravy. It is extremely simple to make, but is super delicious and tastes awesome with rotis and parathas. Here goes the recipe:
200 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into strips (How to make paneer at home)
1 large capsicum (simla mirch), cut into slices
1 large onion, finely chopped (pyaaz)
2 tomatoes (tamatar)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tsp oil (tel)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste (adrak lehsun paste)
½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp red chilly powder (laal mirch)
1 tsp cumin coriander powder (dhaniya jeera powder)
½ tsp garam masala
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
A pinch of sugar (cheeni)
1 tsp fresh cream (malai )
2 to 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves (dhaniya)
Salt as per taste (namak)
- Wash the tomatoes.
- Chop and blend into smooth puree. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start crackling, add chopped onions.
- Saute the onions till they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add tomato puree, mix and cook till the raw smell of tomatoes go away and they blend well with the onions.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin coriander powder, garam masala, kasuri methi and mix everything.
- Now, add the capsicum slices, little water, salt and cook covered for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the paneer strips, sugar, fresh cream, little water and give a gentle mix.
- Cook covered for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis/ phulkas.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO