Khajur Imli Chutney or sweet chutney is a sweet, tangy chutney made with dates, tamarind and jaggery.
A quintessential element in most chaats, alongiwth mint chutney is the Date Tamarind Chutney. Without this chutney, bhel puri, sev puri, and other chaats would not taste as good. Lets see how to make this sweet and tangy chutney.
15 dates (khajoor)
¾ cup tamarind
1 tbsp grated jaggery
2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp red chilly powder
Salt as per taste
- Soak dates and tamarind in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add the soaked dates and tamarind.
- Add grated jaggery, cumin seeds, red chilly powder, salt and mix well.
- Allow it to cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once it is cooked, let it cool completely.
- Transfer it to a mixer jar and blend to a smooth paste.
- Strain the ground paste.
- Store refrigerated.
- Use Khajur Imli Chutney, as and when required.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO