Missi roti, a well known Rajasthani roti is made with a combination of flours, besan (gram flour) being one of the them. Missi roti with any spicy vegetable/ pickle/ launji makes for a delicious meal. There are many variations to this roti. It is sometimes prepared by adding methi leaves (fenugreek leaves). In this recipe, I have used coriander leaves.
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehu ka aata)
½ cup Bengal gram flour( besan)
1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped (pyaaz)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
2 tbsp melted clarified butter (ghee)
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
Salt as per taste (namak)
Ghee for cooking the rotis
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, gram flour, chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves, cumin seeds, carom seeds, ghee, hing and salt.
- Mix all the above ingredients.
- Add water as required and knead into a stiff dough.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Take a medium sized ball and roll into a roti with the rolling pin.
- Heat a tava and cook each roti, using ghee until both sides are cooked evenly.
- Serve Miss Roti with Tomato launji.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: