Missi roti, a well known Rajasthani dish is made with a combination of flours, besan (gram flour) being one of the them. Missi roti with any spicy vegetable/ pickle/ launji makes for a delicious meal. There are many variations to this roti. It is sometimes prepared by adding methi leaves (fenugreek leaves). In this recipe, I have used coriander leaves.
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup Bengal gram flour( besan)
¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
1 tbsp melted ghee
a pinch of asafoetida
Salt as per taste
1 tbsp melted ghee for applying on the rotis
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Take a medium sized ball and roll into a roti with the rolling pin.
- Heat a tava and cook each roti until both sides are cooked evenly.
- Brush one side of the roti with melted ghee.
- Serve Miss Roti with Tomato launji.