Moong Dal pakodas are popular pakodas sold by the roadside food vendors in Mumbai. It’s a perfect snack with hot cup of evening tea, specially in the rainy season. It is generally served with green coriander chutney. But is equally tasty when served with tomato ketchup. It’s very easy to prepare. Here goes the recipe:
2 cups split green gram (moong dal)
1 Onion, chopped (pyaaz)
2 to 3 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)
1 tbsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tbsp red chilly powder (laal mirch powder)
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
salt as per taste (namak)
Oil for deep frying
- Clean, wash and soak moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Blend the moong dal to a coarse paste using little water.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions, cumin seeds,turmeric powder, red chilly powder, chopped coriander leaves and salt. Mix it well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Drop spoonful of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: