Paneer Paratha is a delicious paratha made by stuffing paneer, which is cooked alongwith onion, tomatoes and capsicum. It tastes good with curds, pickle or tomato ketchup and makes for a nutritious breakfast. My kids enjoy paneer parathas even for lunch. If making for lunch, I serve paneer paratha with curds, pickle and some salad.
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 cup Grated paneer
a small Onion (finely chopped
2 tbsp Capsicum(finely chopped)
1 tbsp Tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp Chopped coriander
1 tbsp Red chilly powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
½ tsp Cumin coriander powder
½ tsp Garam masala powder
1 tsp Oil
Ghee for cooking the paratha
Salt as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, take a cup of wheat flour.
- Add salt and enough water to knead into a smooth dough. Keep it aside.
- For the stuffing, heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds.
- When it starts crackling add the chopped onions.
- Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, capsicum and mix.
- Let it cook for few minutes.
- Add the grated paneer, turmeric powder, chilly powder, cumin coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Give it a good mix.
- Turn off the gas and add chopped coriander into this stuffing and mix it well.
- Divide the dough into medium round shaped balls.
- Roll out one dough ball into a circle of around 4 inches diameter.
- Place around 2 tbsp of the stuffing in the centre of the roti and bring the edges together to the centre to seal it.
- Roll out again using little flour.
- Likewise, repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha using ghee till golden brown spots appear on both the sides of the paratha.
- Serve hot with pickle and curds.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: