Rava Coconut laddoo – lipsmacking laddoos made with rava and coconut.
Rava Coconut Laddoo also known as Raghavdas Laddoo is a delicious laddoo made with rava and freshly grated coconut. These laddoos are made using sugar syrup. These laddoos do not have a long shelf life due to fresh coconut in them. These laddoos stay good for 3 to 4 days. For longer shelf life, they need to be refrigerated. Diwali is round the corner and if you are planning to make some traditional sweets at home, why not try these delicious rava coconut laddoos this year? Here goes the recipe.
1 cup fine semolina (rava / sooji)
1/3 cup clarified butter (ghee)
½ cup freshly grated coconut (nariyal)
¾ cup sugar (cheeni)
1/3 cup water (paani)
a tiny pinch of salt (namak)
1 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
3 tbsp cashew nuts and raisins (kaju and kishmish)
few raisins to decorate the laddoos while rolling them
- Heat a pan.
- Add ghee.
- When the ghee starts melting, add rava.
- Roast it on low heat till it turns aromatic.
- Ensure that the rava doesn’t turn brown.
- When the rava is roasted well, add freshly grated coconut.
- Continue roasting on low heat for few minutes.
- Add a tiny pinch of salt.
- When the colour of the rava changes slightly, remove the pan off the heat and keep aside.
- Heat another pan.
- Add sugar and water.
- Keep stirring till the sugar dissolves.
- Boil the sugar syrup till it attains one string consistency.
- Now, turn off the heat.
- Add the roasted rava coconut mixture to the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, cashews, raisins and mix well.
- At this point, the mixture will be sticky.
- Cover the pan and allow it to cool so that the rava absorbs the sugar syrup.
- Keep stirring the mixture every now and then till the rava has completely absorbed the sugar syrup.
- After the mixture has absorbed the sugar syrup, it will turn sandy.
- Now, start rolling the laddoos.
- In case you find it difficult to roll the laddoos, you can add some ghee to the mixture and roll the laddoos.
- Decorate each laddoo with a raisin.
- Store the laddoos in an airtight container.
- For longer shelf life, refrigerate the laddoos.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: