Tomato Omelette is a nutritious, eggless breakfast dish made using gram flour, tomatoes, onion and spices. Apart from being healthy and gluten free, it is pretty quick and easy to make and pairs well with green chutney and tomato ketchup. It makes for a good lunch box recipe too. Here goes the recipe:
1 cup gram flour (besan)
2 medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped (tamatar)
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped (pyaaz)
2 green chillies finely chopped (hari mirch)
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped (hara dhaniya)
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp red chilly powder (laal mirch)
Salt as per taste (namak)
1 tsp eno fruit salt
Oil to cook the omelette
- In a large bowl, add besan, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and mix well.
- Add a cup of water and mix well.
- Ensure that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Add eno and mix well.
- Heat a pan.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on the pan and spread it in a circular motion.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the omelette and allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the omelette and cook on the other side for few minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve tomato omelette, hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: