Vegetable Sir-fry is an interesting way to add vegetables to your diet. I have used french beans, carrots, zucchini, red, green and yellow bell peppers to make the stir-fry. You can add veggies of your own choice to make this dish. Vegetables like broccoli, baby corn, sweet corn can be added. You can even add mushrooms and sprouts. Here, vegetables are moderately cooked so as to retain the flavour, colour, crunch and texture of the veggies. Vegetable Stir-fry makes a good accompaniment with hakka noodles or you can just pair it with a soup of your choice. Soup and Vegetable Stir-fry is a healthy and light dinner option. Here goes the recipe:
1 cup zucchini – cut into thick strips of 2 inches
½ cup french beans – cut into 2 inch pieces
½ cup carrots – cut into thick strips of 2 inches
½ cup green capsicum – cut into strips of 2 inches
½ cup yellow bell pepper (capsicum) – cut into strips of 2 inches
½ cup red bell pepper (capsicum) – cut into strips of 2 inches
6 to 7 cloves of garlic – chopped
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp red chilly flakes
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp mixed herbs (oregano, thyme, basil) – optional
Salt as per taste
2 tsp oil
- Heat a pan.
- Add 2 tsp oil.
- Add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add french beans and saute on high flame for a minute.
- Add carrots and saute for a minute.
- Add zucchini and cook for a minute.
- Add the green, red, yellow capsicum and saute for one more minute.
- All the vegetables should be cooked on a high flame.
- Now, add black pepper powder, salt, soya sauce and mix well.
- Lastly add a teaspoon of mixed herbs (oregano, thyme, basil).
- Adding mixed herbs is optional. You can skip this ingredient if it is not available.
- Give it a good mix and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot.
Note: The vegetables should be cooked throughout on a high flame. Vegetables should not be overcooked.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO