Ajwain Parathas – flavourful paratha made with wholewheat flour, carom seeds and spices.
Ajwain paratha is an easy to make paratha and can be made within no time. You can have it with pickle/ curds/ dal makhni / paneer makhanwala or any chicken gravy. The list is unending. Here goes the recipe:
1 cup wheat flour (gehu ka aata)
1 tbsp carom seeds (ajwain)
½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp chilly powder (laal mirch)
1 tbsp oil (tel)
2 tbsp chopped corainder leaves (hara dhaniya)
Salt to taste (namak)
Clarified butter/ Ghee for cooking the parathas
- In a deep mixing bowl, combine the wheat flour, ajwain, turmeric powder, chilly powder, oil, chopped coriander, salt and knead using enough water to a smooth dough.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Take a medium sized ball and roll into a circle with the rolling pin.
- Heat a tava and cook the paratha using ghee till golden brown spots appear on both the sides of the paratha.
- Serve hot with pickle and curds.