Today, I am back with an amazing vegetarian starter. Boiled potatoes and spinach are combined together with spices and coated with sesame seeds and bread crumbs before frying. Coating with sesame seeds gives a good crunch to the cutlets.Try this for your next dinner party when you have vegetarian guests.
2 cups potatoes boiled and mashed
1 cup chopped Spinach (palak)
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilly powder `
1 tbsp besan (gram flour)
2 tbsps Sesame seeds
½ cup bread crumbs
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine boiled and mashed potatoes, chopped spinach, ginger garlic paste, chilly powder, besan, ¼ cup bread crumbs, salt and mix them well.
- Make 10 to 12 cylindrical cutlets and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Coat each cutlet with the mixture of bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Deep fry in oil till it turns golden brown.
- Serve with schezwan sauce.