Butter Garlic Mushrooms – a quick, delicious mushroom recipe.
Mushrooms are a good source of Vitamin D and can be used in a wide range of dishes, from soups, stir-fries to biryani. Butter garlic mushrooms is a simple, delicious recipe made with button mushrooms. Button mushrooms are easily available round the year.
Butter garlic mushrooms makes for a good starter dish or as an accompaniment with garlic bread and soup. Button mushrooms can be used whole or sliced for this recipe. I have used a mix of both. The bigger mushrooms have been sliced and the smaller ones are used whole. Here goes the recipe for butter garlic mushrooms:
2 packets of mushrooms / 20 to 25 mushrooms
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp oregano
2 tsp red chilli flakes
2 to 3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder (optional)
salt as per taste
- Firstly, clean the mushrooms.
- Pat dry the mushrooms using tissue paper and keep aside.
- Cut the bigger mushrooms into slices. Smaller ones can be used whole.
- Heat a pan. Add butter and oil.
- When the butter starts melting, add chopped onions.
- Saute the onions till they turn soft.
- Add garlic paste and mix.
- Next, add the mushrooms..
- Saute on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt, oregano, chilli flakes and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well. Saute and cook for few minutes.
- Add Kashmiri chilly powder.
- Mix and cook until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Serve hot.
I have added Kashmiri chilli powder so as to give a dark colour to the dish. Adding Kashmiri chilli powder is optional.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO: