Eggs are one of the most common breakfast foods and is a rich source of protein. You can get as experimental with eggs as you wish. From the humble boiled eggs to the exotic egg benedict, the list is endless. Batata Anda, a simple breakfast dish is a variation of the popular Parsi dish ‘Wafer par eeda’ which is eggs on potato chips. For Batata Anda, I have cut potato into thin slices, cooked it until crisp and then added beaten eggs over it. This is a delicious breakfast dish which can be served as a stand alone dish or with bread. Here’s the recipe:
1 medium sized potato
2 tsp chopped onions
2 tsp chopped tomatoes
2 tsp chopped capsicum
½ tsp black pepper powder
½ tsp red chilly flakes
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Salt as per taste
1 tbsp oil
- Peel the potato.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Place the potato slices in a bowl of water to prevent the potatoes from discoloring. Keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl and break two eggs into it.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, chilly flakes, chopped onion, chopped tomato, chopped capsicum, chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Keep this aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Swirl the pan and spread the oil in the pan.
- Gently, place potato slices on the pan.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the potato slices and cook till they turn crisp.
- Now, pour the egg mixture on the potato slices.
- Cover and cook for few minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Remove from the pan.
- Serve batata anda with bread and tomato ketchup.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
Another interesting breakfast recipe using eggs is Egg Spinach Wrap.