Egg Spinach Wrap is a Roti wrap stuffed with spinach and scrambled eggs. Spinach and eggs are mildly spiced using black pepper, red chilly powder and stuffed in a roti. It is a wonderful breakfast dish to start your day on a healthy note. Take a look at the recipe:
For the Spinach & Egg Stuffing
2 cups spinach, chopped (palak)
2 tsp oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
a tsp of cumin seeds (jeera)
1 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
a tsp of red chilly powder
1 tbsp grated cheese per wrap (optional)
Salt as per taste
For the Roti wrap
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp oil
Ghee to cook the rotis (optional)
- Heat a pan. Add 1 tsp oil.
- Add cumin seeds. When the seeds start crackling, add chopped garlic and onion.
- Saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp black pepper powder, red chilly powder, salt and mix.
- Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp oil.
- Add the eggs. Add ½ tsp black pepper powder and keep stirring the eggs till you get scrambled eggs.
- Add the cooked spinach to the scrambled eggs and mix well. Keep this aside.
- To make the roti, take 2 cups of wholewheat flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add water as required and knead into a smooth dough.
- Take a small portion of the dough and roll into a medium sized roti.
- Heat a pan and place the roti on the pan.
- Drizzle ghee on the edges of the roti and cook on both the sides till brown spots appear on the roti.
- Using ghee is optional. You can make the rotis without ghee if you wish.
- When the roti is cooked, place around 4 to 5 tbsp of spinach egg mixture on one side of the roti.
- Top it with 1 tbsp grated cheese. Using cheese is also optional.
- Fold the roti.
- Repeat the same procedure with remaining dough and spinach egg mixture.
- Serve Egg Spinach Wrap immediately.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO
Other Egg recipes : Egg Potato Curry, Stuffed Eggs, Boiled egg sandwich