Egg potato curry is a delicious curd based gravy with potatoes and eggs. It goes well with rotis, rice, bread and makes for a great comfort food. Spicy and flavourful, this curry is sure to tickle your taste buds. Lets have a look at the recipe:
5 eggs (ande)
3 onions, finely chopped (pyaaz)
1 large potato (aloo)
2 tsp oil (tel)
1 bay leaf (tej patta)
3 to 4 cloves (laung/lavang)
1 cardamom (elaichi)
1 inch piece of cinnamon (dalchini)
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (adrak lehsun paste)
1 cup whisked curds (dahi)
1 tbsp red chilly powder (laal mirch)
1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp cumin coriander powder (dhaniya jeera powder)
1 tsp garam masala
Salt as per taste (namak)
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (hara dhaniya)
- To boil the eggs, place eggs in a saucepan.
- Pour water into the pan and ensure that there is about 1 inch water above the eggs.
- Bring it to a boil.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, turn off the heat and remove the pan from the gas stove.
- Cover the pan with a lid for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the eggs from hot water and immerse them in ice cold water for half a minute.
- Remove the eggs from cold water and peel the eggs.
- Cut each boiled egg into half and keep aside.
- Peel the potato and cut into wedges.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions.
- Saute for few minutes till the onion starts changing its colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add the potato wedges.
- Add turmeric powder, salt , little water and mix well.
- Cook covered till the potatoes are cooked.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add red chilly powder, cumin coriander powder, garam masala and whisked curds.
- Give a gentle mix.
- Add little water at this stage to get the desired consistency.
- Allow this to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now, place the halved boiled eggs gently in the pan.
- Cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis, rice or bread.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
If you are looking for more egg recipes, do have a look at the following