Dhaba style Egg curry/North India style egg curry is a spicy flavourful egg curry. It pairs up well with roti, naan, paratha, plain rice, jeera rice etc.
4 onions (finely chopped)
3 tomatoes (finely chopped
3 tbsp oil
1 bay leaf (tej Patta)
3 to 4 cloves (lavang)
1 big cardamom (badi elaichi)
1 inch piece of cinnamon stick (dalchini)
2 green chillies (finely chopped)
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 ½ tsp turmeric powder
2 ½ tsp red chilly powder
2 tsp cumin-coriander powder (dhaniya-jeera powder)
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp dry mango powder (amchoor powder)
Salt as per taste
2 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- Boil the eggs.
- Prick the boiled eggs with a knife or a fork.
- Heat ½ tsp oil in a pan.
- Add ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilly powder and salt and saute.
- To this, add the boiled eggs and saute.
- The eggs should be coated well with the masalas.
- Keep these eggs aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a deep pan.
- Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, big cardamom and saute.
- Add chopped green chillies and saute.
- Add chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and saute till the onions turn brown and soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they are soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, dry mango powder, salt and mix well.
- Add little water and let the masalas cook well.
- To this, add the masala coated eggs.
- Give a gentle mix.
- Cook for another 5 minutes so that all the masalas blend well with the eggs.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve egg curry with rotis, parathas or rice.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO