There are some days when we wish to take a break from the regular roti sabzi, dal chawal and go in for something light but healthy. Chana Paneer Salad is for one of those days. This is a healthy, filling, protein rich salad which you can rustle up in no time. Pair it with a soup and your dinner is done.
2 cups boiled chickpeas (kabuli chana)
½ cup tomato (chopped)
1 cup paneer (small cubes) (How to make paneer at home)
2 tbsp raw mango (chopped)
2 tbsp green olives (chopped) – optional
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp chilly flakes
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves (pudina)
Salt as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, add the boiled chanas, chopped tomatoes, chopped raw mango, chopped olives and mix well. Keep this aside.
- To prepare the salad dressing, in a bowl add lemon juice, honey, black pepper powder, chilly flakes, chopped mint, salt and mix well.
- Add this salad dressing to the salad. Mix well.
- Now add the paneer cubes and mix.
- Serve Chana paneer salad immediately.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO