Paneer bhurji is a popular paneer preparation loved by many. It is nothing but crumbled paneer cooked with onion, tomatoes and spices. It is generally served with bread or rotis. I have added corn and capsicum to the bhurji which adds a crunch to this dish. This paneer bhurji with corn and capsicum tastes great with hot rotis/ phulkas.
1 cup grated paneer (How to make paneer at home)
1 large onion, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ cup sweet corn
½ cup chopped capsicum
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp cumin coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Salt as per taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start crackling, add chopped garlic and grated ginger.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped onions.
- Saute the onions.
- When the onions turn brown and soft, add the chopped tomatoes and mix.
- When the tomatoes turn soft, add sweet corn and chopped capsicum.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, salt and mix.
- Add a little water and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the grated paneer and mix well so that the paneer is coated with all the spices.
- Cook for 2 minutes and lastly add the chopped coriander and mix.
- Serve Paneer bhurji with rotis/phulkas.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO