Palak Paneer gravy is not only delicious but nutritious too. It’s a popular North Indian gravy in which the paneer cubes are cooked in spinach gravy. It tastes great with rotis and is an all time favourite with my kids. Other paneer recipes on this blog are Paneer Paratha, Paneer Chilly gravy, Kadai Paneer, Paneer Bhurji with corn and capsicum, Chana Paneer Salad, Matar Paneer Paneer Kathi Rolls, Methi Paneer Theplas and Paneer grilled sandwich. Here goes the recipe for Palak Paneer.
1 big bunch Palak (Spinach)
200 gram Paneer cubes
3 Onions (finely chopped)
2 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 Green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp Red Chilly powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin-coriander pdr
1 tsp Garam masala
2 tsp Fresh cream
1 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Wash spinach in cold water.
- Boil water, add spinach leaves and keep in the boiled water for 5 minutes.
- Drain water from spinach.
- Dip the spinach in cold water (to retain the dark green colour).
- Add the blanched leaves to a blender and make a smooth puree. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add tomato puree and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilly powder.
- Allow it to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the palak puree, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
- Add the fresh cream and mix
- Cook on a medium flame for few minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes, mix gently and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO