Palak Paneer gravy is not only delicious but nutritious too. It’s a popular North Indian gravy in which the paneer cubes are cooked in spinach gravy. It tastes great with rotis and is an all time favourite with my kids.
1 big bunch Palak (Spinach)
200 gram Paneer cubes
3 Onions (finely chopped)
2 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 Green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp Red Chilly powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin-coriander pdr
1 tsp Garam masala
2 tsp Fresh cream
1 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Wash spinach in cold water.
- Boil water, add spinach leaves and keep in the boiled water for 5 minutes.
- Drain water from spinach.
- Dip the spinach in cold water (to retain the dark green colour).
- Add the blanched leaves to a blender and make a smooth puree. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add tomato puree and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilly powder.
- Allow it to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the palak puree, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
- Add the fresh cream and mix
- Cook on a medium flame for few minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes, mix gently and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO